Monday, June 10, 2013

Soal Ujian Kenaikan Kelas Semester 2 Kelas 11

PT. CAKRAWALA NUSA PUBLISHER
Invites the pleasure of your presence on our FREE seminar on
“HOW TO BECOME A GOOD WRITER”
by Mrs. Meliawati, a famous book writer
In Cakrawala Hall, Hanoman Hotel Please contact Hilda on
Jln. Hanoman no.24 Semarang hildaayu@penulis.co.id
On Sunday, May 6,2012 by Friday, May 4,2012 at 4 p.m.
At 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
DON`T MISS IT!


1.    The text is about…..
a.    Mrs. Meliawati`s famous book “How to Become a Good Writer”
b.    A book entitled “How to Become Good Writer”
c.    A free seminar presented by Mrs. Meliawati
d.    An invitation to meet Mrs. Meliawati
e.    A famous writer, Mrs. Meliawati

2.  Mark : “Don’t chase her away from me, mom!”
     Mother : “Hi.What’s the matter, son?”
     Mark : “Well,…… and I promise to marry her next month.”
a.    I love her so much
b.    I don’t know her
c.    I hope her
d.    I understand
e.    I’m interested

3.  John : ”Why do you look so shame, anything happened?”
   Martin : ”I was really embarrassed for realizing gas when I was talking to my teacher.”
   John. : “Oh, it’s really embarrassing.”
  What does Martin expresses
a.    Advice d. Disappointed
b.    Asking for apology
c.    Embarrassment
d.    Disappointed
e.    Happiness

4.  Lina : Rena? What’s wrong with you?
     Rena : Nothing
     Line : I know there is something which bothers you. Please tell me if you don’t mind. It will make you relieved
    Rina : I just remember my brother who died last month. Why did he die so soon in his young age?
    Lina :Rina,…….I am sorry……….
    Rina :You know, We were very close. My tears always flow every time I remember him.
    Lina :I know your feeling. But, he is now in the most beautiful place. He must feel happy now.
   What does the sentences in bold type expresses?
a.    Happiness
b.    Sadness
c.    Love
d.    Embarrassment
e.    Advice

5.    Kamasean : Daffa, please don’t make any unnecessary noise. I’m studying for a test tomorrow.
Daffa : But I need to practice singing. Tomorrow my band will perform.
Kamasean : That’s included to the unnecessary noise.
Daffa : But I just …….
Kamasean : Quiet, will you?
Daffa : O.K.
What should Daffa do according to the dialogue?
a.    He should practice hard
b.    He should give his best performance
c.    He should not disappoint everyone
d.    He should make interesting noises
e.    He should not be noisy

6.    Daniel :”Did you see Emma?”
Rupert :”Yes, I did. I …. her at the restaurant an hour ago”.
a.    is meeting
b.    was meeting
c.    meets
d.    met
e.    was met

7.     Jonny didn’t join the extracurricular club ……… He was sick.
What is the suitable word in the sentence ?
a.    Why
b.    Where
c.    Because
d.    So that
e.    Wherever

8.     The little boys played soccer ………... it drizzled.
a.    When
b.    Unless
c.    So that
d.    Though
e.    In order to

9.    Anny is always humble ………..she is a rich man’s daughter.
a.    In order that
b.    Because of
c.    Although
d.    before
e.    after

10.    X : It’s disturbing . They have made me really angry. I must talk to them.
Y : ………………
a.    Don’t say that.
b.    No problem
c.    Go away
d.    Calm down
e.    No way

11.    Tiara and her mother go to the market and meet Rita.
Tiara asked her :” What do you want to buy ?”
Rita : I want to …….. some fruits such as banana, papaya, oranges and others.
a.    Buy
b.    Buys
c.    Bought
d.    Has bought
e.    Had bought

12.    Lia : ... you come to the meeting next Sunday, Tia?
Tia : Yes, of course.
a.    Must
b.    Can
c.    Will
d.    Ough to
e.    May

13.    Father : How about your test result, Rony ?
Rony : Hmm...not so good dad, I’m not satisfied.
Father : You...study harder Ron.
a.    Will
b.    Can
c.    May
d.    Shall
e.    Must

14.    I felt a little better after I ..... the medicine.
a.    take
b.    took
c.    Have taken
d.    Had taken
e.    Was taking

15.    Tania ……………….by her brother when they were at the party.
a.    accompanies
b.    accompanied
c.    is accompanied
d.    was accompanied
e.    was accompanying

16.    Change into passive!
“ Dinsa always studies English everyday”
a.    English is always being studied by Dinsa everyday.
b.    English was always studied by Dinsa everyday.
c.    English is always studied by Dinsa everyday.
d.    English was always being studied by Dinsa everyday.
e.    English has been studied by Dinsa everyday.

17.    If you had told me about the problem, I ………………..you.
a.    help
b.    will help
c.    would help
d.    Will have help
e.    Would have helped

18.    “ If they had studied, they would have passed the exam”
In truth :…………………….
a.    They do not study , so they fail the exam.
b.    They did not study, so they failed the exam.
c.    They study , so they do not fail the exam.
d.    They studied, so they did not fail the exam.
e.    They studied, so they failed the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment