Choose the best arrangement to make a correct sentence!
1. “Did you watch Lawyers Club program last night?”
“No, I didn’t. What about you?” “________. “
a. I didn’t too b. So didn’t I c. I did either d. Neither did I
2. “Our classmates are going to join the tour.” “________.”
a. So am I b. So I am c. I do too d. Am I too
3. Jaka : “Is it alright if I park my car here?”
Eta : “I’m sorry, that’s not allowed.”
From the italicized utterance, we know that Jaka’s permission is _______.
a. Accepted by Eta b. Refused by Eta c. Interrupted d. Agreed by Eta
4. Thasya : which do you prefer, banana or star fruit?
Lia : I’d rather have star fruit than banana.
The italicized words express….
a. Intention b. Invitation c. Preference d. Offer
Hi! My name is Dian Wahyu Dinata. I’m the winner of an English Poetry
Reading Competition in Sempu. I live in Maron. I was very happy to meet
Sue and Ayu on early February 2008. I’m very comfortable speaking
English with you. I have one question for Kang Guru when I can invite KG
to our school in SMP Genteng.
Dian Wahyu Dinata
5. Who is the winner of an English Poetry Reading Competition in Sempu?
a. Sue and Ayu b. Dian Wahyu Dinata c. Dian’s friends d. Dian’s teacher
6. When did Dian met Sue and Ayu?
a. Before an English Poetry Reading Competition b. When Dian invited Kang Guru
c. On early February 2008 d. When Sue and Ayu came
7. Which statement is TRUE based on the letter above?
a. Sue and Ayu have one question for Kang Guru
b. Sue and Ayu live in Maron
c. Dian Wahyu Dinata is not the winner of an English Poetry Reading Competition
d. The writer of the letter is Dian Wahyu Dinata
Animals are widely used in laboratories. Mice, rabbits, dogs, and
monkeys are a few examples of animals used by researchers and scientists
for scientific and medical purposes. Scientists use the animals to
investigate biological processes in humans and animals, to study the
causes of diseases, to test drugs, vaccines, and surgical techniques,
and to evaluate the safety of chemical used in pesticides, cosmetics,
and other products.
Many chemical functions like human so that
they can be good models to understand the human body. Some animals
suffer from the same diseases as humans do. Animals also carry a number
of genes that are identical to human genes. With those similarities,
scientists are able to learn much about the human body by studying the
8. What do researchers and scientists do in laboratories?
a. Make drugs b. Do experiment c. Take care of animals d. Give medical treatment
9. Scientists learn about the human body by studying ________.
a. Certain animals b. Human body itself c. All kinds of animals d. All living things
10. “. . . . . . . . . . so that they can be good models to understand human body.” What does the bold typed word refer to?
a. Animals b. Functions c. Humans d. Genes
11. Based on the text, why do the scientists use animals for their experiments?
a. Animals are the most suitable objects b. Scientists do not want to use humans
c. It is easier to use animals than humans d. Animals have similarities to humans
12. “They are used for scientific and medical purposes.” (Paragraph 1)
The word ‘they’ in the sentence refers to….
a. Researchers b. Laboratories c. Scientists d. Animals